Paula Deen: How My Whole Family Got Fit!















01/23/2013 at 07:45 AM EST



Paula Deen is the first one to admit: "When I first found out I was diabetic, I had no solutions. I couldn’t even help myself, much less somebody else." 

Now – one year after she announced her Type 2 diabetes diagnosis to a mix of criticism and support – Deen is not only showcasing how she trimmed off 40 lbs. 

In this week's issue, the 66-year-old Food Network star invited PEOPLE into her Savannah home to share how her family members adopted different weight loss strategies and lost an astounding 178 lbs. total.

By figuring out a diet plan that works for their particular schedule and lifestyle, Deen's husband Michael Groover shed 60 lbs., her oldest son Jamie got rid of an excess 45 lbs., and her youngest son Bobby maintained his 33-lb. loss.

But no one sacrificed their love of Southern food. Instead they learned to stick to Deen's new mantra. "Moderation, moderation, moderation," says Deen, whose new cookbook The New Testament due out this fall will include her go-to recipes and tips. "I love feeding people but now I also want to help people eat right."

You're reading an article about
Paula Deen: How My Whole Family Got Fit!
This article
Paula Deen: How My Whole Family Got Fit!
can be opened in url
http://newsaliveness.blogspot.com/2013/01/paula-deen-how-my-whole-family-got-fit.html
Paula Deen: How My Whole Family Got Fit!